Friday, March 2, 2012

Florida

The week before last, Quentin and I took a trip to Naples, FL, with his family.  My brother-in-law had a speaking engagement at a Psychiatry Conference, so the rest of us spent some good, qualilty time together.

 Most days, we hung out at the pool or beach until dinner time; then back to our hotel to get ready for the evening.

It was fun to see the changes in my niece and nephew since our trip with them last year, to Marco Island. Last year, my niece, in particular, much preferred the pool area, and was intimidated by the ocean. Not this year, though, she loves the ocean!


                                                               As does my nephew....


I spent a lot of time at the pool, and had a few "pink elephants"..... delicious!



Most evenings were spent going out to dinner, with the prerequisite that the restaurants have "buttered noodles" and "cheeseburgers" on the children's menu. We made a stop at Spin Frozen Yogurt, where they had carousel cookies as a topping option - I hadn't had those since I was really young. So much for the diet, but it was really tasty.



The last night, Q and I went to dinner... just the two of us. Of course, this was also last minute (this is a theme with us!) We weren't able to get into the restaurants that we preferred to go to, and didn't want to wait forever, so we ended up going to a bar and grill type restaurant. I guess it's not where you go, but who you're with...we had fun.


The last day, we decided as a group, to take an air boat tour in the Everglades....fun.


I love this dorky picture of Q and me with our big headphones on....to drown out the noise of the air boat.

We were able to see some alligators close up .....


Overall, Florida was a success, and we made some great memories. It was also a relief to know that our Daisy was having fun at home with the dog sitter, Ashley, while we were gone.  I was sent this cute picture as proof!

Looking forward to our next Florida vacation.....







6 comments:

  1. Love your first pictorial post, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Lee, it was. I'll have to tell you more about it at coffee :)

      Delete
  3. It looks like you've had a wonderful vacation in Florida.
    The pictures are lovely!

    ReplyDelete