Thursday, March 1, 2012

First Post

I am very excited to be writing my first post. At first, when I started to consider writing a blog, I wondered what I would write about. I guess that is the beauty of it, though, it will all depend on my mood and what the focus is of that day.

Today, I have been thinking about how thankful I am for so many different reasons. I have a few relatives right now, who are struggling with various health concerns, and are doing this so gracefully. I find the strength that people have to be so amazing. I find myself preoccupied at times with concern over various aches or pains, and I am so thankful for the people around me who remind me to live each day to the fullest (They don't even realize that they have this effect).

I left my job as a Social Worker in a long term care facility last April, and that job was good for me in so many ways. I've felt, as long back as I can remember, that I wouldn't be fulfilled unless I was somehow making a difference and helping others. I have always had a soft spot for older adults, and am aware of the difficulties that one faces as they get older. I thought that if I could somehow make that transition a bit easier for people,  I would be fulfilled. There were days that definitely filled my heart, when I felt that I was making someone else's day more bearable, but there were of course those days where I felt there was nothing I could do to help a Resident.




 I knew that I would choose to leave when I was pregnant, but my husband and I decided to take the time now to do some traveling before we get pregnant. So, this extra time on my hands has definitely given me more time to "think." My life is in transition right now. Almost all of my friends have children, as do many 33 year olds. I love, love, love my coffee and lunch dates, but am unable to identify with what is such a major part of their lives right now. I look forward to being able to identify.

3 comments:

  1. Lisa - happy you're blogging. I'm looking forward to your posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you, joining the blogging world! : ) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the Bloggieland! I'm sure you'll like it.

    ReplyDelete